Earn money doing what you enjoy.
Military musicians provide musical support for all aspects of military life including ceremonial parades, graduations and mess dinners. Military musicians, by means of public performances, provide an important public relations vehicle for the Canadian Armed Forces.
Rehearsals and Performances
The band rehearses every Thursday evening from 1900-2100 and some Tuesday evenings beginning in September and going through to June. Most performances occur on weekends.
What We Offer
– Paid Training
– Paid Rehearsals
– Paid Performances
– Paid Vacation
– Paid Travel Expenses
– Quality Instruments Provided
– Dental Coverage 90%
– $8,000 Tuition Reimbursement Plan
– Fitness Facilities
– Pension Plan
– Basic Military Qualification + (Land)
– On the Job Training
– Music Trade Qualification (Instrument specific)
– Optional Training (Defensive Driving, Basic Winter Warfare)
– Concert Band
– Small Ensembles
– Solo Opportunities
– Parade/Ceremonies (Royal Visits, Remembrance Day)
– Public Events
(Sporting Events, Band Festivals)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All branches of the Canadian Forces are open to men and women. We do, however, have certain criteria that must be met in order to become a reserve musician.
Basic eligibility requirements are as follows. You must:
– Be a Canadian Citizen
– Have Completed Grade 10
– 16 years of age (with parental permission if you are under 18)
– Have no legal obligations
– Be proficient on your instrument at a senior high school or first year university level.
How to Join the Band
STEP 1: Contact the Band and arrange to sit in and play with us for a few rehearsals.
969 St Matthews Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3G 0J7
Phone # (204) 786-4300 Ext. 3350
STEP 2: After attending a few rehearsals speak with a member of our Band Recruiting Cell to set up an audition.
– play prepared pieces of the applicants choice; (all styles recommended)
– play sight reading material; (in all styles)
– play scales and arpeggios; (up to 3 sharps and 3 flat key signatures major and minor)
– participate in an interview.
STEP 3: Continue through CAF Recruiting office.
After a successful audition, you will begin the process of joining the army. You will be required to pass a medical exam, physical fitness test, an aptitude test and then complete the basic military qualification course.
Follow these links for more detailed information on the CAF Recruiting process and requirements.