By-Laws of The Royal Winnipeg Rifles Association
1. FISCAL YEAR. The fiscal year of The Association shall end on the 31st day of December in each year.
2. MEETINGS. The general meeting of the members of The Association shall be held at Winnipeg, Manitoba, on such day and place in each year, as may be determined by the Executive.
3. Special meetings of the members may be called by the President, whenever it is deemed necessary for the purpose of The Association.
4. a. A meeting of the Executive members may be held at any time or place without notice if all members are present thereat, or if the absent members have signified their absence by confirming by phone call to such meeting, and their consent to the business transacted thereat.
b. Notice of the time and place for the annual general meeting of members shall be given in writing no less than five days before such meeting i.e. Devils Blast notice will suffice.
5. a. a quorum at any general meeting shall consist of 10(ten) members present.
b. Every ordinary member in good standing shall have one vote. ASSOCIATE MEMBERS hold a non-voting membership.
c. Any questions coming before any meeting of the members may, except as otherwise specifically prescribed by law, be decided by a majority of such votes, and in the case of an equality of votes, the President at such meetings shall have the deciding vote.
d. Unless a poll is demanded, and except as otherwise expressly provided by law at meetings of the members, the vote shall be taken by a show of hands.
6. The order of business at the annual general meeting and so far as practicable at other meetings the members shall be:
a. Roll call;
b. One minute of silence;
c. Reading of the minutes of the previous general meeting;
e. Treasurers report;
f. Report of committees;
g. Old (unfinished) business;
h. Election of officers (annual general meeting only);
i. New business;
j. Good and welfare; and
7. The President may, with consent of the members adjourn any meeting from time to time, and place to place.
8. The Executive shall consist of the following elected members: President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, and Executive members at large, plus any other members needed to handle the business of the Association.
9. The election of the Executive shall be by ballot or unanimous showing of hands vote of the members at the general annual meeting or such meetings as may be duly called for that purpose.
10. a. The terms of office of the Executive shall be for 1 (one) year.
b. Persons duly elected shall be the Executives of The Association until replaced by the requisite number of duly elected in their stead.
c. No member of the Association shall be elected to the office of President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer who is not in good standing and who has not served the term of 1 (one) year on the Executive.
11. Meetings of the Executive may be held as the business of The Association may require, and may be called by the President or any tow of the Executive and may be held without formal notice if all the Executives are present or if those who are absent have signified their assent to such meetings or their consent to the business transacted thereat.
12. Notice of executive meetings shall be made by phone one week before the meeting.
13. A majority of the Executive shall constitute a quorum at any Executive meeting.
14. The order of business at any regular or special meeting of the Executive shall be:
a. Roll call;
b. Reading of the previous minutes;
d. Treasurers report;
e. Report of committee chairman;
f. Old (unfinished) business;
g. New business;
h. Good and welfare; and
a. The Executive of The Association shall be:
(5) Members at Large,
Note: one person may hold the Secretary/Treasurer positions.
b. Chairman of Committees
(1) Sick and Visiting,
(4) and any other chairman deemed necessary by the Executive shall appoint the waiting member to fill the vacancy.
16. If any office becomes vacant during the year, the Executive shall appoint the waiting member to fill the vacancy.
17. a. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association and shall perform such other duties as are the usual incident to the office of the President or as required by the Executive.
b. I n the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President.
18. The Secretary shall keep a record of all proceedings of all meetings held by the Executive and by the members of the Association. He shall have charge of the books, records, membership roles and papers, and seal of the Association. All of which he shall deliver as and when instructed or authorized by resolution of the Executive, and not otherwise. He shall give due notice of all meeting and members and Executive, and shall perform such other duties as are incident to his office or may be required of him from time to time by the Executive.
19. The Treasurer shall have charge of all monies and securities of the Association. He shall keep regular books of account, and shall balance the same annually, and at such other times as shall be required by the Executive. He shall deliver such monies and securities and any books or documents relating there to as and when instructed or authorized by resolution of the Executive, and not otherwise. He shall perform such other duties as are incident to his office or as required of him from time to time by the Executive.
20. MEMBERSHIP. A membership in the Association may not be assigned, and shall terminate on death or resignation of the membership, or as may be determined by the Executive.
21. AUDIT. An audit of The Association’s assets shall be made at the discretion of the Executive.
22. BRANCHES. The Executive may provide for the establishment of branches of the Association. These branches of the Association may not levy a membership fee or donation for payment of membership in the Association.
a. Wherever under the provisions of these by-laws notice is required to be given in writing to any members or Executive of the Association, such notice may be served either personally or by sending it through the mail, e-mail, Devils’ Blast or Regimental Website, addressed to such member or Executive at his last know address if, and as the same appears on the books of the Association.
b. Such notice, if served by post, shall be deemed to be served at the same time as when the letter containing it is delivered to the post office.
c. Where the provisions of this by-law as to notice has been duly observed, the non receipt of any notice by the member or Executive shall not invalidate any proceedings or transactions at any meeting or otherwise.
24. The Association seal shall be the LITTLE BLACK DEVILS REGIMENTAL INSIGNIA.
25. The Association was incorporated on 20 December 1946.